FCPS Laptops & Chargers
All students will be issued an FCPS laptop and charger for the school year.
- FCPS laptops should be used only in conjunction with projects relating to the educational programs of FCPS. It may not be used as a personal or social device for the student.
- The laptop is valuable, and should be treated appropriately. It should not be thrown or dropped. It should never be placed on the roof or hood of a car, on the sidewalk or street, or treated in any way that may cause it to be crushed, dropped, or damaged.
- The Student Device is for your use only.
- The device should not be used near water, household chemicals, food or drink, or other liquids that could damage its electronic components.
- When carried outside, the device must be protected in such a way that rain, snow, ice, excessive heat and or cold will not damage it.
- The device should be kept in a secure location at all times when not in use.
- The device should be fully charged when brought to school for use during the day.
- All files should be saved in Google Drive, not on the computer hard drive.
- Tech support is provided at your school, for your laptop, during school hours only. DO NOT TAKE THE LAPTOP TO A RETAIL STORE FOR REPAIR. The device is covered by a FCPS warranty.
- School staff should be informed of a lost/stolen device as soon as possible.
- The cost of these devices are:
- DELL Latitude 3310 - $481.00
- DELL Charger - $25.00
- FCPS Middle School Phone Policy – Phones must be silenced and kept put away for the duration of the school day. Storage may be in a backpack, pencil bag, etc. during the day. Teachers may allow cell phone usage in their classrooms at their discretion with the support of the administration. Cell phones may be used on campus before the first bell and after the last bell.
- Account Manager: Use this site to setup a password recovery phone number or email address.
- Account Password Recovery: This self-service application allows FCPS students to reset their lost or forgotten password. To successfully use this application you must have previously supplied a private e-mail address or mobile phone number in the Account Manager application. If you are having problems using this application, please see one of your teachers during the school day.
- StudentVUE Accounts: All middle school students have access to their StudentVUE account by using their network id and password to log in.
- Digital Citizenship - Developing responsible and productive digital citizens
- Family Tech Resources
The FCPS Technology@Home program enables students to purchase technology products at a discount.
More Technology Resources
Resources to ensure that all students experience a digitally rich learning environment that meets instructional needs.