New Student Registration
Welcome to Katherine Johnson Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Eagles!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Katherine Johnson Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are transferring within FCPS. If your elementary student is scheduled to transfer to Katherine Johnson MS, you do not have to register the student. The student records will be automatically transferred. If you are transferring to KJMS from any other school within FCPS, please contact our registrar, Andrea Holmes, at 703-934-2430 or [email protected], to register your student and initiate the transfer of records.
To join Katherine Johnson Middle School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Katherine Johnson MS boundary, please fill out the new student registration intake form below. This form will be submitted to Andrea Holmes, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process
New Student Registration Forms
- View and complete the forms enrollment bundle.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View and complete the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special Registration Situations
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.