National Junior Honor Society
Translate this page
About NJHS @ KJMS
All eligible students will be invited to join NJHS.
Student eligibility starts with a student's current cumulative marks average (CMA) as a 7th grader. At KJMS, we have established the minimum CMA for membership at 3.75.
No student is inducted simply because of a high academic average. The National Junior Honor Society strives to recognize the total student—one who excels in many areas. The standards used for selection are:
- Scholarship: Members attain and maintain at least a 3.75 cumulative marks average
- Leadership, Service, Character, and Citizenship: Through their school and extracurricular activities, members demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond what their parents, school, and community expects of them.
- Completion and submission of the application form by designated date.
Membership is more than an honor. It is an ongoing responsibility and an obligation to continue to demonstrate those outstanding qualities that result in a student’s selection. Membership also carries a responsibility to the chapter. If our NJHS chapter is to be effective and meaningful, each member must remain involved:
- Attend monthly meetings – All members attend the monthly general meeting.
- Complete an NJHS-specific service project in addition to what is required for civics.
- Demonstrate positive behavior in the classroom, in the hallways, in the cafeteria, on the bus, and online.
- Pay the membership fee.
- Support NJHS special events.
- General Science Teacher, MS
- History & Social Studies Teacher, MS