School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Goals for this academic school year
School Improvement & Innovation Plan At A Glance
Katherine Johnson Middle School
Tammara Silipigni, Principal
Student Achievement Goal
- All students will be literate, able to obtain, understand, analyze, integrate, communicate and apply knowledge and skills to achieve success in school and in life. Academic progress in the core disciplines will be measured to ensure that all students, regardless of race, poverty, language or disability, will graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary for college and/or employment, effectively eliminating achievement gaps. Staff embraces the idea of Collective Responsibility and responds to student needs.
Collaborative teams will take collective responsibility for the learning and achievement of Exceptional Ed. and English Language Learners.
Teachers will implement a Multi-Tiered System of Supports to meet the individual academic needs of all students.
- Teachers will incorporate WICOR - Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization and Reading strategies into their daily instruction.
Caring Culture Goal
- The 2021-22 Employee Engagement Survey will reflect that:
- 100% of the staff at Katherine Johnson Middle School feel respected by each other and the administration.
- 100% of the staff will feel like our students are respected by the adults in our building.
- The 2021-22 EOY PBIS data will reflect that 100% of our students feel respected by the adults in our building.
- Focus on creating community and strengthen relationships with students and families.
- Focus on creating community and strengthen relationships between staff.
Access & Opportunity Goal
- The gap between the total Black student enrollment and Black student enrollment in Honors/AAP Math and/or Honors English will be 1% or less.
- The gap between the total Hispanic student enrollment and Hispanic student enrollment in Honors Math and/or Honors English will be 8% or less.
- Teachers will engage in ongoing, job-embedded professional learning on technology integration that is personalized, and designed to promote skill transfer. Experiences must marry student needs/interests with teachers’ interests, needs, and classroom settings. Teachers will use technology to engage all students in rigorous activities.
- We will ensure access to technology and the skills to use technology tools to advance student achievement.
- Classroom teachers and counselors will engage in conversations about skills and strategies to be successful in school.