Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Important Dates October 12-15 VGA Assessments Make-Ups October 13 World Language Credit Exam Registration Closes October 14 SEL Screening October 29 End of First Quarter - 2-hour Early Release
As the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler, we are finding ourselves sitting upon the eve of wonderful leaf color shows in Northern Virginia. We hope you get out and enjoy the wonderful fall weather with bonfires, evening walks, and bobbing for apples.
We are fortunate to have a wonderful school where our students exhibit our SOAR traits on a daily basis. In order to continue to maintain a safe and comfortable school environment for all, for the past two days, the admin team met with all PE classes to review the following expectations.
- Respectful Language--use it and expect it at all times.
- Keep our hands to ourselves (and let an adult know when somebody makes you feel uncomfortable).
- No body-shaming, deadnaming/misgendering (using a name or pronoun that people have expressly asked you not to use), comments about one’s religion or stereotypes
- Our Away for the Day program (phones should not be out or used from 7:25 AM - 2:15 PM, and never in a bathroom or locker room). If you need to connect with your student, please contact the main office. If your student needs to connect with you, teachers can grant permission for cell phone use. Any student who is not feeling well should report to our clinic.
- We encouraged students to display correct hallway behavior, especially when leaving lunch areas to return to class. We reminded them that lunchroom behaviors are still expected in the outdoor setting.
- In the morning, we asked 7th grade students to remain on Jermantown Hall and 8th graders to remain on Bevan.
Again, the vast majority of our students follow all school rules on a regular basis. We just wanted to clarify expectations for all students as we end the first quarter. In closing, we want to thank you for your partnership with helping to reinforce school expectations.
Tammy SilipigniAfter School Pick-Up
If your child is participating in an after school activity and you plan on picking your child, please pick-up your child up at door 7 (cafeteria). They will sign-out from Door 7, not Door 1. The main office entrance (Door 1) closes at 3:00 PM. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.Federal Impact Aid Survey
Impact Aid Surveys were given to your student today during 7th period. FCPS will be asking all families to fill out a Student-Parent Survey for Federal Impact Aid.
Returning this form is important because information from this survey results in an additional $3 million in grants each year from the U.S. Department of Education. These funds are used to support all Fairfax County public schools and centers.
For each school-aged child in your household, please complete, sign, date, and return the survey to your child's school.
If sections 1 and 2 of the survey do not apply to you, just check the boxes in Section 3 and sign.
All forms must be signed, dated, and returned by November 5. All results are CONFIDENTIAL. Please review this video -Video link
For more information, please visit FCPS site - Impact Aide Forms. There you will find the form translated in different languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese)Career Day Registration Deadline is October 20 Register Today
Career Day will be held on Thursday, November 11th from 7:45-10:10. If you are interested, please take a look at this FAQ with additional information which includes how to register to participate. The last time we held Career Day we had upwards of 50 different careers represented. We had a wonderful turn out in the Career Clusters of Education & Training and Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security. We would love more representation in Marketing, Manufacturing, and Architecture & Construction. Please consider joining us on that day to expose our students to all the different careers that are out there!Fairfax HS Items...
"Come celebrate "spooky season" by seeing a movie! Fairfax DECA and Fairfax City are teaming up to present a movie night on Saturday, October 16th at the Fairfax high school stadium field. There will be two showings. The first showing will be at 6:45pm, and the second showing will be at 9:00pm! The movie is free to attend, so bring your family and friends! We hope to see you there!"Would like a Translated Version of this Bulletin?
Using Chrome (google), this bulletin can be translated in many languages. Click here and it will take you to another web page. In the upper left-hand corner, click on the flags and choose what language you prefer.
Con Chrome (google), este boletín se puede traducir a muchos idiomas. Haga clic aquí y lo llevará a otra página. En la parte arriba a la izquierda, haga clic en las banderas y elija el idioma que prefiera.
이 게시판은 크롬(구글)을 사용하여 여러 언어로 번역될 수 있습니다. 여기를 클릭하시면 다른 페이지로 이동합니다. 페이지 왼쪽 상단에서 깃발을 클릭하시고 원하시는 언어를 선택하십시오.
باستخدام كروم (جوجل) ، يمكن ترجمة هذه النشرة بعدة لغات. انقر هنا وسيأخذك إلى صفحة أخرى. في أعلى الجانب الأيسر من الصفحة ، انقر فوق الأعلام واختر اللغة التي تفضلها.Parent Resource Center The Parent Resource Center (PRC) offers free workshops, consultations, a lending library, and resources to help adults support the success of all students, including those with learning challenges, special needs, and disabilities. SIS ParentVUE - See your student’s grades, attendance, and report card!
Watch this video to learn how to navigate SIS ParentVUE - https://youtu.be/vLwkkemipws
- If you have received an email with instructions to activate your ParentVUE Account, start at this website - https://myparent.fcps.edu/index.xhtml?jfwid=202F09BAEDAC35DA93CEF6511F43315F:1
- If you need an Activation code to create your ParentVUE Account, fill out this form - https://itweb.fcps.edu/ParentView/index.cfm
Please contact Kelsea Owens with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org us throughout the year by:
- visiting the Katherine Johnson Middle School Website
- signing up for News You Choose
- visiting the Katherine Johnson MS PTSA Website
Do you want to celebrate a Katherine Johnson employee who does ordinary things in an extraordinary way, or goes beyond what is expected? If so, then click here to share with everyone.Spanish Family Liaison
Si necesita comunicarse con nuestra enlace de padres, por favor llame al 703-934-2454 y deje un mensaje con el nombre de su estudiante y numero de telefono. Tambien puede comunicarse con ella por email a: email@example.comParent and Student IT Support Portal
FCPS has created this Technology Support Page with videos, guides and frequently asked questions.
Still need help?
1. Call the Parent Technology Help Desk at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS). This will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week. Please specify if you need an interpreter when you call.
2. Parents and Students may submit a request online.
Please visit HERE to find compilation of Dr. Brabrand's messages to the community.